1/1 Photo of Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
This is a low-carb stand-in for mashed potatoes. The spices and cream that are added to steamed and pureed cauliflower give this dish the taste, texture and appearance of mashed potatoes. Serve this up with any entrée that goes well with mashed potatoes, and I swear you'll never miss the spuds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide a head of cauliflower into florets that are all roughly the same size.
- 2Steam cauliflower pieces over boiling water (15 to 20 minutes), or until the cauliflower is tender.
- 3Drain the cauliflower and toss it in a bowl of ice water to bring the cooking process to a screeching halt.
- 4When the cauliflower has cooled, put the florets in a food processor along with 1/2 cup of water.
- 5Puree the cauliflower on high speed until smooth, but with some very small pieces of cauliflower remaining in the mix for just a bit of texture.
- 6Pour all of the pureed cauliflower into a medium sauce pan.
- 7Dissolve the corn starch in the remaining 1/4 cup of water and add the solution to the cauliflower.
- 8Add the cream, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the cauliflower and stir.
- 9Set the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thick.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 652.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g