Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The cream makes this curry quite mild, so use hot chilli powder if you like it spicy. We prefer it on the mild side. Goes great with toasted naan bread and basamati rice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 4.92 ml mild chili powder
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 284 ml carton double cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 TBS of oil in a bowl.
- Stir and set aside.
- Heat a large shallow pan.
- Tip in the chicken and the marinade and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan and fry the onion and chili for 3 to 4 minutes, just until soft.
- Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Season and stir in the lemon juice.
I really enjoyed it. My son who can be picky enjoyed it as well. He dislikes onions and he still liked it with all the onion this dish had.
Really scrumptious!! Easy to make and looks wonderful too!! I want to make this again and again!!