Recipe by MarieRynr
The cream makes this curry quite mild, so use hot chilli powder if you like it spicy. We prefer it on the mild side. Goes great with toasted naan bread and basamati rice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (284 ml) carton double cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 TBS of oil in a bowl.
- Stir and set aside.
- Heat a large shallow pan.
- Tip in the chicken and the marinade and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan and fry the onion and chili for 3 to 4 minutes, just until soft.
- Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Season and stir in the lemon juice.