1/2 Photos of Creamy Masala Chicken
The cream makes this curry quite mild, so use hot chilli powder if you like it spicy. We prefer it on the mild side. Goes great with toasted naan bread and basamati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (284 ml) carton double cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 TBS of oil in a bowl.
- 2Stir and set aside.
- 3Heat a large shallow pan.
- 4Tip in the chicken and the marinade and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Heat the remaining oil in another pan and fry the onion and chili for 3 to 4 minutes, just until soft.
- 6Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute.
- 7Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked.
- 9Season and stir in the lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Masala Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.0
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: