Recipe by Skippy [BW]
Like a traditional Italian dinner. Great served with salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Although I changed this up a little bit, I believe I remained true to the spirit of the recipe, which was fantastic. I wanted to double the ingredients for a large batch of tortellini, so I used 2 (20-oz.) packages of refrigerated tortellini - one was tri-color cheese and the other was chicken. I used a 20-oz. box of Pomi marinara sauce with 2 cups of heavy cream, to which I also added a 14.5-oz. can of spicy pepper fire-roasted tomatoes for some texture. I did not add the flour and water combination because the consistency of the sauce was to my liking. I added a 14 oz. can of artichokes, which I diced, 1/2 t. of dried thyme (I was out of fresh). I also did not add the olive oil. Long story short, the end result was delicious and a big hit with everyone. I definitely was glad that I made so much. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marinara sauce and cream. Gradually add flour and water until smooth. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add artichoke, thyme, and oil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncover for 3-4 minutes or until heated throughly.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper.