Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Vegetarian Times November/December 2005. Allow to chill 30 minutes before serving with fruit slices, crackers, or cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine cream cheese, pumpkin.
- and brown sugar and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add syrup and cinnamon, and beat until.
- Cover, and chill 30 minutes.
A nice, light, and creamy spread. I served it with a selection of crackers and breads at a party, but the winner pairing ended up appearing when a guest asked if I had any tortilla chips. It disappeared pretty quickly after I got those out! It was still a little too pumpkin-y for me personally (not a pumpkin fan), but I'll be sure to use this for parties again! Thanks for sharing!
This was absolutely wonderful. I knew when I saw it that it'd be good, but this was beyond good. I used Neufchatel and Grade B maple syrup (for stronger flavor), and cut back on the brown sugar (to 1/4 cup). I'm going to try this with smoked salmon on pita for a different kind of sandwich, in addition to using it for more traditional sweet flavors. I can't thank you enough for posting this!