1/1 Photo of Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal
Another delicious breakfast from Quaker Oats. This one is my favorite yet! It's so much better than storebought oatmeal mixes, and if you use soy milk it's dairy-free! I've also tried using part soy milk and part water to make it a little lighter and using brown sugar in place of the maple syrup, and it still turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, bring milk and salt to a gentle boil (Watch carefully).
- 2Stir in oats, cranberries, and maple syrup.
- 3Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- 4Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 5Let stand until desired consistency.
- 6Stir in wheat germ.
- 7Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls.
- 8Drizzle with additional syrup, if desired.
- 9Serve with milk or yogurt, if desired.
- 10MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 3-quart microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients except wheat germ.
- 11Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes for quick oats and 9 to 10 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- 12Let stand until desired consistency.
- 13Stir in wheat germ.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 109.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g