Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's a perfect way sub plain ol rice or potatoes. ....very yummy
- Peel and quarter the plantains.
- Boil until they break with the fork.
- As the platains are cooking, In a small sauce pan start pickling the onions with the oil and vinegar.
- Once they are transparent remove from flame.
- Drain the plaintains leaving a tablespoon or 2 of water, mash, add butter.
- Finally add onion mix into mashed plantains, folding them in.
- Enjoy! If you did it correctly it should stay soft all day.