Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very light, cool, and creamy jello salad that compliments any kind of meal. I received this recipe from my dear mother in law, and it is still prepared by her at every holiday meal. Its very important that you follow the directions exactly for the mixing of the ingredients, or otherwise it may not blend well together. Cooking time includes refrigeration set up. I hope you enjoy this as much as our family does.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Drain mandarin oranges, and set aside.
- Heat, but do not boil orange juice.
- In a large bowl, add jello and softened cream cheese.
- Beat with a mixer until well blended, and creamy.
- Continue to beat on a slower speed, and very slowly add the heated orange juice, a little at a time over the cream cheese mixture. Blend well, and mix together until smooth.
- Chill until slightly thickened, and fold in the cool whip and oranges.
- Pour into a 8 by 8 inch pan, or small jello mold. Chill until set.
This just wasn't our cup of tea, but thanks for sharing!