Recipe by pbieg
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a kicked up version of mac-n-cheese with a spicy flare. It is kid approved but also elegant enough for a nice dinner party.
- 1 lb shrimp (shells and tail removed)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix (divided)
- 1 1⁄2 cups small macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 9 ounces Fontina cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, cayenne pepper, thyme, parsley and 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix. Add Shrimp. Refrigerate and marinate shrimp for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Skewer shrimp, piercing one end near the head and again near the tail. Discard Sauce. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes each side, until opaque.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a sauce pan. Add red pepper. Cook about 1 minute. Add shallots and cook another 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat and add wine, broth, milk and cheese. Cook until cheese melts and sauce begins to thicken. Meanwhile whisk together in a small bowl 4 tablespoons vegetable broth and the remainder of the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix package. Once combined add to cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer and thicken 2-3 minutes. Add pasta and grilled shrimp. Stir and heat throughout. Pasta will thicken as it sits.
- Place pasta on a plate. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.