Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
It may look bland, but it's packed with flavor!!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 cup canned sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta until "al dente," drain and set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta, stir in the butter and let it melt. When butter has melted, add sour cream, milk chicken bouillon, salt & pepper, and blend. When it's blended, add the corn, bell pepper, and the pasta.
- Stir carefully, and let it warm.
- Serve as a side dish, or alone as a light lunch.
Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I had some sour cream I wanted to use up, and it was so hard finding a recipe for warm pasta with sour cream, but no other cheeses. I didn't have the corn or peppers, but I had a red onion I really wanted to use up. I sauteed the red onion with a little bit of that microwavable bacon and some garlic, and added that to the pasta. Yummy.
I made this for the Orpanage adoption in PAC Fall 2007. So glad I did as it was easy, good and soooo creamy. I was a little nervous when I noticed no cheese in it and almost added it anyways. Decided against it and followed the instructions exactly and so glad I did. Wonderful comfort food, I served with warm fresh bread and a cold glass of milk and it was great. If looking for something with a twist - this is it. Thanks La Marz for a great recipe.