Recipe by *Parsley*
Uses reduced fat products. Easy to make for a side dish or meatless main.
Top Review by sbera007
I did not like this as much as my bf. We omitted the onions because I don't care for them. I omitted the garlic salt because I sauteed fresh spinach in garlic and olive oil. I thought the sour cream was a little overpowering. Next time (which my bf informed me there needs to be) I will half the sour cream and up the milk and cream cheese. Definitely a good base recipe that I will adjust for my tastes. Thanks!!
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 16 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish; set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package; drain.
- Place hot, drained macaroni in a large bowl and toss with butter and softened cream cheese.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and gently mix together well.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.