1/4 Photos of Creamy Macaroni Salad
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This is my own macaroni salad. I did not get it from my mother or my grandmother and I did not get it out of a book or off the internet. It is not Amish, Cajun, Mexican or any other description of the various macaroni salads that are posted on the internet. It is my own made up salad. It is designed after my own Creamy Potato Salad that I have posted on Recipezaar (with 121 high reviews, thank you very much to those that have tried it). The dressing is mostly the same, but there are a few other ingredients in this salad that is not in my potato salad. I hope some of you will enjoy it as much as you did the other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni, cooked to desired tenderness
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (I like half and half) or 1 1/2 cups salad dressing (I like half and half)
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1/2 lb bacon, prepared as in Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits
- 1Mix cooled macaroni, celery, onions, bell pepper and green olives together in a large bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed, stirring well.
- 3Stir dressing into the macaroni mixture.
- 4Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- 5Serve chilled.
- 6For another variation, omit the green olives, add sliced black olives and a container of grape tomatoes.
- 7For a meal type salad, add diced cooked chicken or tuna fish.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 312.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives