Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice, easy recipe. Low in fat, but not in taste!!!
- 385 ml evaporated 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup light Cheese Whiz
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 540 ml tomatoes with herbs, well drained
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni, dry
- 1⁄2 cup light cheddar cheese (57 g)
- In a medium pot, whisk together milk, flour, and mustard powder until smooth. Heat over medium high heat, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Reduce heat to low. Add Cheez Whiz, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Stir until cheese are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, cook beef, onions, zucchini, and garlic over medium heat over high heat until meat is no longer pink. Break up any large pieces of beef while it's cooking. Drain off any liquid or fat in pan. Stir in tomatoes and cook 1 more minute.
- Add cooked pasta and reserved cheese sauce. Mix well and cook until heated through. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle macaroni mixture with shredded cheese. Cover and let stand 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
5 Stars! This is deeelicious! Everyone smust try this. It was creamy, cheesy and healthy. Thank you vicki.