Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love Mac and cheese and thought I would put some variations on thi sland o lake's recipe
Make and share this Creamy Macaroni and Cheese W/ Bleu Cheese, Bacon and Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces macaroni, elbow
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 lb American cheese, deli style cubed
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ounce jalapeno, diced canned
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens (5 to 7 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese. Cook until cheese is melted (3 to 5 minutes). Add cooked macaroni; mix well.
- Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole. crumble bacon and ble cheese as a topping
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
I've made this recipe 4 times over the holidays. A huge hit at every party.
o.k. i didn't make this or eat it , my DH made it for dinner when i was @ work & it's lent so no bacon. my dh gave it 5, my ds gave it 4 (cause no bacon), my dd gave it 3 (she's 12 and difficult about EVERYTHING). my dh said it was a breeze to make and tasted great even w/out the bacon. my ds thinks bacon should be apart of everything. he didn't know there was upposed to be bacon untill he read the recipe but raved before he knew about the bacon. with all that begin said it's going to made again and will be apart of the rotation. thanks for the post.
AWESOME Mac and Cheese I highly recommend this one. Easy to make and very tasty..