No need to eat to forego a true comfort food favorite just because you're cooking for one tonite. Try this single serving mac-n-cheese recipe next time you need a taste of home, alone!
- In small bowl, combine crushed saltines with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- In pot, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter, then add flour, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in milk until smooth and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and add all remaining ingredients, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Pour into greased 1 cup baking dish (ramiken) and sprinkle with buttered saltine crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Yum! I have never made real mac'n cheese from scratch before, if you can believe it. This was quick, easy, and very satisfying. I omitted the chopped onion out of sheer laziness, and it was still very good. Super-duper lunch! Thanks T!
Oh my my, this was so creamy and cheesy! I loved it! Since I do most of my cooking for one this is a recipe I will definitely be using a lot in the future. Thanks for sharing! Made for Glorious Cheese Tag Game in the Topic of the Month Forum.
I loved this! I left out the onions, but made it otherwise according to this recipe and it was the perfect size lunch for me, and absolutely delicious! I can't wait to have it again!