Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from BHG magazine. I love the bacon, caramelized onion and blue cheese in this recipe.
Make and share this Creamy Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning once. Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook onion in reserved bacon drippings for 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and place in a 1-1/2-quart casserole. Add the crumbled bacon, onions.
- Combine in a saucepan 1-1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, the blue cheese, half-and half, 2 Tbsp butter,and pepper. Cook over low-med heat stirring constantly until it is smooth sauce-like texture. Pour over macaroni, onions and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more or until top of casserole is brown and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.