Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I Love my Mac and Cheese yet another creamy one
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces process cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, process cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in cream sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
We found nothing special about this recipe. Tasted OK, but just like most other Mac & Cheese recipes found on the web, except it was to wet and needed more cooking to get to a decent consistancy.