Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in the newspaper. It is attritubed to simpleanddelicious.com. I was in the mood for comfort food when I found this recipe and it is just that! My husband really loved it!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces dry large elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Combine tomatoes and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium-low heat while pasta is cooking.
- Stir in flour; gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Add tomatoes to cheese mixture; blend well.
- Drain macaroni; add to saucepan.
- Stir in ham, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake uncovered, 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
OMG! This is the best recipe ever. I Don't know why it has not been rated yet????? M DH ate half the pan and when we ate leftovers they were even better. The ONLY thing I did different was used butter instead of margarine. That's it.