Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
The secret ingredient in this recipe will have you feeling like there's a ton of butter and cream in there... though there's not. Go ahead and indulge in this ooey-gooey treat! This recipe uses the microwave. If you do not have fleur de sel, simply use coarse grain salt or simply omit.
- 1⁄2 cup unpopped corn kernel (approx. 2 quarts popped)
- 1⁄4 cup syrup, of your choice (corn, maple, Karo, honey, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -4 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fleur de sel (optional)
- Pop the corn, ideally with no salt or butter; set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave and dissolve powdered milk. Add syrup and sugar.
- At power level 6, bring mixture to a boil. Stir, and return to microwave.
- Heat for 30 seconds then stir.
- Repeat 4th step 6 times (3 minutes total).
- Add vanilla and baking soda; pour over the popcorn and toss to cover.
- Return to microwave and repeat step 3.
- Repeat 4th step 4 times (2 minutes total).
- Set aside and allow to cool. Stir popcorn every 15 minutes or so until cold to prevent it from forming one large clump.
- If using, add fleur de sel once cooled.