- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with Italian seasonings
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the sweet potatoes until tender and let cool. Remove skins. Puree in food processor until smooth. Add a bit of orange juice to make it even more smooth and creamy.
- Combine sweet potato puree, chicken broth and tomatoes in a medium soup pot over medium high heat. Add brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a spoonful of peanuts as a garnish. Delicious!