Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have two potatoes listed you may add in more if desired, also you may omit the cayenne pepper.
Top Review by Peewee deluxe
Unlike you to forget a step. I can't figure out when to add the chicken broth/stock. Figuring it is at the beginning with the veggies. Hoping that is right because I have invited my brother over for diner. Wish me luck!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, divided (can use fat-free half and half)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine the cubed potatoes with onion, celery, cayenne, garlic powder and bouillon powder and chicken broth (start with 2 teaspoon bouillon powder) bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until veggies are tender (at this point you may add in more bouillon powder if desired).
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup evaporated milk with 3 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth; stir into the simmering broth mixing constantly.
- Add in the remaining evaporated milk; bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from heat season with black pepper and salt if desired, then stir in the shredded cheese.