Recipe by Quistis145
This is my own creation! I did this one night when we really needed to go grocery shopping! Makes a good appetizer (without the broccoli) or dinner. You can adjust the heat in this recipe, though I highly reccommend that you try it like this first. I don't like heat and this dish uses it as a flavor rather than for actual "heat". Do be aware that the longer this sits the hotter it might get so taste test your leftovers! Also, I did add a negligable amount of corn starch to thicken the sauce just a little bit. You might need this, you might not.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash of sriracha hot chili sauce (this is an important ingredient! It has a very unique flavor. It's a red sauce found near the thai f)
- 1 cup broccoli (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare shrimp, leave the tails on if you wish.
- Heat olive oil in skillet (I used medium heat), add garlic.
- saute one minute then add shrimp.
- Saute one minute.
- add chicken broth, simmer until shrimp is almost fully cooked.
- add yogurt and mix well.
- add cheese, red pepper flakes and hot chili sauce.
- simmer until sauce thickens, this is where you may need to add a touch of corn starch to thicken.
- toss with pre-cooked broccoli and enjoy!