TaterBug! :)'s Note:
This is a delicious, creamy, satisfying yet light rice pudding recipe for coconut lovers! I like to make this recipe with brown rice as well for added nutrition and flavor. Use a medium grain white rice or arborrio rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, coconut and milk in saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly, 7-8 minutes.
- 3Temper eggs by whisking a little of the hot milk into them before adding to the hot milk mixture.
- 4Whisk egg mixture into milk mixture.
- 5Add rice, vanilla, coconut extract and nutmeg.
- 6Stir gently and spoon into dessert dishes, eat hot or chill. (I prefer chilled).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Low Fat Coconut Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g