Recipe by Jcooks4HisLittles
I find this recipe to be very flavorful and easy to prepare. My Littles always like it. I use a low sodium chicken broth and low fat cream of mushroom soup. The rice comes out very creamy and the chicken is always tender and delicious. Great hearty meal for fall, or anytime.
Top Review by MsSally
This was really easy to put together and tasted okay, but the rice was a little overcooked for our tastes. I cooked mine about 8 hours. Thanks for submitting, however, next time I try this I think I'll go for 6 hours cook time instead of 8. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces milk
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, loosely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 celery ribs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add rice to slow cooker.
- Combine Cream of Mushroom Soup, Milk, Chicken broth, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper. Add this to slow cooker.
- Add carrots, onions, celery to slow cooker.
- Add chicken on top.
- Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
- Season with Lemon Pepper to taste.