Recipe by Likkel
When I decided to go low carb I had to work at revising my recipe (#284626 Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas) so my family could still enjoy it. I was still in phase 1, so I didn't have enough carb room to use the low carb tortillas, but then it dawned on me that I could use crepes instead of tortillas. Making the crepes was easy and it worked out well!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Atkins baking mix
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (3/4 c.)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crepe batter: In a blender, combine eggs, bake mix, cream and water. Blend on high speed until batter is thin and smooth.
- To make crepes: Melt 1/4 t. of the butter in an 8 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons batter and swirl pan to coat bottom. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom (about 1 minute). Flip crepe and cook until lightly browned (about 30 seconds). Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter and butter until you make 8 crepes. Place a sheet of wax paper between the crepes, when you are finished cooking them to allow easy separation.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and then lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a 10 inch skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in the center. Add cream cheese and chilies, reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until blended and the cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon chicken filling on each crepe (about 1/4 cup @), roll up and place seam sides down in the baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.