Recipe by Adelinkat
This lobster and shrimp bisque is delicious and comes together easily I came up with this recipe after ordering some lobster base but finding that I had no lobster meat on hand.
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons lobster base
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 cup white wine
- 7 ounces small can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour, mixed well with 1/3 c water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups half-and-half (I sub milk for this if you are feeling indulgent, try cream)
- 1⁄2 cup minced shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized pot add the water, chicken base, lobster base, 1 C white wine and tomato paste. Mix well and heat on medium while assembling seasonings.
- Add seasonings: onion, garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and bay leaf. Boil until onions and garlic are tender - about 7 minutes.
- Mix slurry well and whisk into soup, stirring frequently to avoid lumps.
- (It should be very thick at this point but don’t worry because later you will thin it with half and half, if it isn’t thin enough add more slurry and keep stirring!).
- Cook on medium for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, turn heat down to low or simmer and add 1/2 C wine and 3 C half and half (if subbing milk do not let come to a boil) and shrimp and heat through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with salad and bread for a meal or enjoy as a starter.
- **The bases used in this recipe are very salty, please do not salt until tasting this and if it is too salty add more water or half and half to balance.