1/2 Photos of Creamy Loaded Bits O' Bread
Caryn Dalton's Note:
This is something I put together while trying to make a quick bread side with only three pieces of buttered thick french bread from yesterday. I used 1 inch thick bread, but I believe it would be better with a 1/2" slice. It was really really good. I will definately be making again.
My Private Note
bread b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced onions
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Miracle Whip light
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pineapple-peach salsa (Sam's choice from Walmart)
- 1/8 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed parsley flakes
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices buttered French bread, 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (for basting bread)
- 1In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the 1 tsp of butter. Add minced onion and saute' until clear, about 2 minutes. Turn heat down just a tad and add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- 2Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, miracle whip, salsa & horseradish sauce. Stir together very well.
- 3Add onion and garlic mixture to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- 4Turn the broiler on in your oven to get oven heated.
- 5If your 3 slices of 1/2" french bread are not already buttered, then butter them with the 1 TB melted butter. I use a baster for this.
- 6Cut the bread slices in quarters by cutting an 'X' through each one. This will make 12 small pieces of bread with some pieces being more oblong than others. They are basically one or two bites each now.
- 7Using a bread knife or small spreader, spread a generous amount of cream cheese mixture over each small slice making a fairly level surface. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- 8Sprinkle each slice with crushed parsley flakes. Then, top with cherry tomato slices. I used 3 for each bigger piece and 1 or 2 for each small one. Finally, top each piece with a few shredded pieces of cheddar cheese. You want to be able to see the toppings on the bread, so don't bury it.
- 9Broil about 4-5 inches from heat for approx 2 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Broil about 2-3 inches away from heat on low until cheese is a little browned about 30 seconds.
- 10Serve hot, but they are good at room temperature too.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Loaded Bits O' Bread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: