Recipe by Annisette
Haven't made this yet, but it looks really good judging from the picture. Cooking times do not include allowing the tart to refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 295.73 ml flour
- 118.29 ml ground almonds
- 85.04 g butter, chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 118.29 ml caster sugar
- 99.22 g butter, melted
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml lime rind, finely grated
- 9.85 ml unflavored gelatin
- 118.29 ml cream, whipped
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4 limes, rind of, shredded (you'll use the shredded rinds to decorate the tart)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In large bowl, sift flour, ground almonds, and butter. Rub in butter until fine and crumbly. Add 1-2 tablespoons cold water and mix to make a firm dough, adding more if necessary.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out so it will fit into a 9 inch fluted pan. Trim the edge and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line the dough with baking paper and dried beans (or rice) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and bake the pastry shell another 20 minutes, or until it is lightly golden. Allow it to cool completely.
- Make the Filling: In a heatproof bowl, add the egg yolks, sugar, butter, lime juice, and the 2 teaspoons of finely grated rind. Whisk together to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir constantly until the mixture is thickened, about 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, add the gelatin and 1 tablespoon water. Set it aside until it becomes spongy. Stir the mixture until it is dissolved. Stir the gelatin mixture into the lime curd. Allow it to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold the cream through the lime curd and pour into the pastry crust.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or until set. Remove tart from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- Put the sugar in a small pan with 3 tablespoon of water, and stir it over medium heat (don't allow it to come to a boil) until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add in the shredded lime rinds. Allow the mixture to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the rind from the mixture with a pair of tongs or a fork, and allow it to dry on a rack.
- Decorate the tart with the shredded rind.