1 hr 30 mins
Haven't made this yet, but it looks really good judging from the picture. Cooking times do not include allowing the tart to refrigerate for 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In large bowl, sift flour, ground almonds, and butter. Rub in butter until fine and crumbly. Add 1-2 tablespoons cold water and mix to make a firm dough, adding more if necessary.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out so it will fit into a 9 inch fluted pan. Trim the edge and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Line the dough with baking paper and dried beans (or rice) and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the paper and beans and bake the pastry shell another 20 minutes, or until it is lightly golden. Allow it to cool completely.
- 6Make the Filling: In a heatproof bowl, add the egg yolks, sugar, butter, lime juice, and the 2 teaspoons of finely grated rind. Whisk together to dissolve the sugar.
- 7Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir constantly until the mixture is thickened, about 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- 8In a small bowl, add the gelatin and 1 tablespoon water. Set it aside until it becomes spongy. Stir the mixture until it is dissolved. Stir the gelatin mixture into the lime curd. Allow it to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 9Fold the cream through the lime curd and pour into the pastry crust.
- 10Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or until set. Remove tart from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- 11Put the sugar in a small pan with 3 tablespoon of water, and stir it over medium heat (don't allow it to come to a boil) until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- 12Bring the mixture to a boil and add in the shredded lime rinds. Allow the mixture to simmer for 3 minutes.
- 13Remove the rind from the mixture with a pair of tongs or a fork, and allow it to dry on a rack.
- 14Decorate the tart with the shredded rind.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lime Tart
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 97.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, rind of