Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
From Taste of Home, so yummy I love lime and this is so refreshing with a light sandwich. Plus it is fairly diet friendly!
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
I really loved this potato salad. I have recently figured out that I dislike dried thyme but really like fresh thyme. So, I went with the fresh option and that didn't overpower the lime flavour at all but instead added a nice background note. I used fat free mayo and low fat sour cream and just added a little bit of extra zest on top at serving time. I had a serving along side some sharp cheese and some crackers to make up a tasty picnic style lunch. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap.
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced OR
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled.