Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home, so yummy I love lime and this is so refreshing with a light sandwich. Plus it is fairly diet friendly!
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced OR
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Cool potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, thyme, lime peel, salt and pepper.
- Pour mayonnaise over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
I really loved this potato salad. I have recently figured out that I dislike dried thyme but really like fresh thyme. So, I went with the fresh option and that didn't overpower the lime flavour at all but instead added a nice background note. I used fat free mayo and low fat sour cream and just added a little bit of extra zest on top at serving time. I had a serving along side some sharp cheese and some crackers to make up a tasty picnic style lunch. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap.
I am a sucker for white potato salad so when I came across this for August's veggie swap, I knew I had to make it. Such a simple recipe and tastes great warm. The amount of dried thyme didn't taste quite right, so next time I will reduce it from 1 tsp to 1/2 tsp. I only had bottled lime juice and I'm confident fresh lime juice would taste amazing.
We enjoyed the new flavors in this potato salad. It did seem to have an overwhelming taste of thyme. Next time I plan to cut the thyme in half. I loved the lime zest it added a nice tartness to the overall dish. I did leave the peels on the potatoes. Thanks for posting. :) Made for 123 hit wonders tag game.