This is awesome! There are so many beautiful ways to serve this delicious treat. Adapted from diabetic living. Cooking time is chilling time. 85 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving. Servings: 6 (1/2-cup) servings Carb grams per serving: 4
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (I use Cool Whip Free)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- lime peel, curls (optional) or lime slice (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and the boiling water; stir about 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in shredded lime peel and lime juice. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooled slightly but not set.
- Whisk in sour cream when dissolved whisk in the 1 cup dessert topping.
- Pour into six 6- to 8-ounce stemmed dessert glasses. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours or until set.
- If desired, garnish with the 1/2 cup dessert topping and lime peel curls or lime slices.
I made this using lemon ingredients instead of lime and it was just the right thing after a big meal.