Recipe by timeforsomethinggoodtoeat
This is a quick, simple lentil soup. I was feeling lazy and wanted a one-dish no-chop meal. This satisfied. :)
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Let it simmer until the lentils are cooked to your preference. (Stir ocassionally; keep an eye out for boil-overs.).
- Remove from heat, fish out the bay leaves, and stir in spinach.