Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I think I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine years ago. Our family loves it.
Make and share this Creamy Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml dry lentils, uncooked
- 78.07 ml long grain rice, uncooked
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2 (779.61 g) can sodium-free chicken broth
- 226.79 g no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 0 milk (or non fat)
- Coat dutch pan with cooking spray add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place over medium heat until hot add carrot and onion sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and next seven ingredients; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Puree soup return to pan add milk and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.