Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I think I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine years ago. Our family loves it.
Make and share this Creamy Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans sodium-free chicken broth
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- milk (or non fat)
- Coat dutch pan with cooking spray add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place over medium heat until hot add carrot and onion sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add water and next seven ingredients; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Puree soup return to pan add milk and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.