Recipe by Sharon123
This was recommended to me by MTDavids-it's so good I'm passing it along to you! From Rachael Ray on 30 Minute Meals. New England, Mid Atlantic regions, Italy.
Top Review by Southern Bug
LOVED this dressing! It was creamy but at the same time went on very light. I added 1 clove minced garlic and just a sprinkle of dill. Served this on a salad of romaine, cheddar & croutons.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, heaping
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing:.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest (grated yellow part of lemon) and lemon juice. Add pepper and whisk the dressing and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil slowly while you whisk. Once the oil is combined with the the lemon juice and the mayonnaise, switch utensils and stir in the cheese and a pinch of salt with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Chop up the lettuce into 2-inch pieces. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and top with the dressing, and serve. Enjoy!