Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this while searching for a new cupcake recipe online. It was adapted from "Cupcakes From the Cake Mix Doctor"
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar (sift before measuring)
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (colored portion of peel) (optional)
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Stop the mixer; add sugar, lemonade concentrate and zest. Beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated, 1 minute, then beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- PER SERVING (based on 24 servings): 129 calories; 7g fat (49 percent calories from fat); 4.5g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 1g protein; 15.5g carbohydrate; 15g sugar; no fiber; 29mg sodium; 9mg calcium; 14mg potassium.
- Note: This makes a soft, fluffy icing. For a stiffer icing, which is easier to decorate, gradually add up to 2 cups more sugar.
- Yields 3 cups and enough for 24 cupcakes.
I love this recipe. I just found it again and was so very happy. I serve mine over fresh strawberry cake and it is loved by everyone. thanks for posting it.
This was so good and easy! I'd made a lemonade cake, recipe on the back of the lemon cake mix from Betty Crocker. Didn't give an idea for a frosting...so I just searched on Recipezaar, and as usual found the perfect match. A great dessert idea for warm days.