1/4 Photos of Creamy Lemon Tarts
These are perfect to serve at a get together, this recipe makes a ton of tarts (about 50 mini tarts) but the recipe can be cut in half if desired. The original recipe states to prepare the lemon mixture on top of the stove, but this tends to scorch easily so the second time I made it, it worked out better in the microwave, but you can definitely prepare it on top of the stove in a heavy-bottomed saucepan if desired. Although it is always better to use fresh lemon juice, I use the juice of two lemons and bottled lemon juice to make up the 1 cup, this is very lemony and tart, so you might want to adjust the sugar to suit taste, just add in more while the mixture is cooking.
My Private Note
mini ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 45 -50 prepared tart shells, baked and cooled
- 2 cups white sugar (add in more sugar to taste if desired while filling is cooking)
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1In the microwave (I use my 8-cup Pyrex measuring cup for this) or on top of the stove (using a heavy-bottomed sauce pan) combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks, half and half and whipping cream (can use 2 cups half and half cream if desired and omit the whipping cream); whisk to combine.
- 2Microwave on HIGH until thick (removing about every minute to whisk/stir).
- 3Cook until thickened.
- 4Stir in butter; whisk until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 5Cool to almost room temperature, stirring every so often.
- 6Stir in sour cream until well blended.
- 7Divide evenly between baked tart shells.
- 8Top with a dollup of Cool Whip.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (1578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared tart shells