Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Try this cool creamy dessert on a hot summer day -- it's refreshing and so good!
Make and share this Creamy Lemon Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 baked pastry shells (8 or 9-inch) or 1 graham cracker crumb crust (8 or 9-inch)
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat egg yolks in medium-size bowl with rotary beater or fork; gradually beat in Eagle Brand and lemon juice.
- Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Pour into pastry shell or crumb crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, spread whipped topping or whipped cream over pie.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Good and easy! The traditional Eagle Brand lemon pie. Good amount of lemon flavor, just the right tartness. I used a giant lemon from my tree and added about a tablespoon of lemon zest. Omitted the food coloring, it doesn't need it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I got this same recipe off of www.lemonrecipes.net. Either way it was a huge hit I made it twice in two weeks. My husband who doesn't like lemon meringue pie loves this one.
Excellent flavor and very easy to make. My 3 Chefs.