Recipe by KimmieOH
Try this cool creamy dessert on a hot summer day -- it's refreshing and so good!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good and easy! The traditional Eagle Brand lemon pie. Good amount of lemon flavor, just the right tartness. I used a giant lemon from my tree and added about a tablespoon of lemon zest. Omitted the food coloring, it doesn't need it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 baked pastry shells (8 or 9-inch) or 1 graham cracker crumb crust (8 or 9-inch)
- whipped topping or whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat egg yolks in medium-size bowl with rotary beater or fork; gradually beat in Eagle Brand and lemon juice.
- Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Pour into pastry shell or crumb crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, spread whipped topping or whipped cream over pie.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.