Recipe by Marie
This is very much like Key Lime Pie beause of the similarity of ingredients and no baking time. Great taste and texture. From Taste of Home Magazine. Make ahead - refrigeration time is 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 -3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9" pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, whisk milk and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add lemon rind and food coloring, if desired.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping.