Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from the lowcarbfriends bulletin board. Thanks, whoever you are, and I hope everyone likes it as much as we did. I served it with a salad but it would probably be good over rice or pasta as well.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or 8 -10 chicken cutlets
- carbquick low-carbohydrate baking mix
- cooking spray
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener, of choice
- Pound chicken breasts thin (optional but preferred).
- Dredge in Carbquick or lowcarb bake mix.
- Lay in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle black pepper to taste on top.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the sauce reduce to desired thickness over low heat and pour over the chicken after it is done baking.