Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from the Moosewood _Simple Suppers_ cookbook, as reprinted by Sweet B at Serious Eats.
Top Review by teresas
We loved the lemon flavor...and you can really taste it...I cut the recipe in half and it served 4 as a nice side dish...I served it with fish...and the plate looked very pale...so next time I think I will add some fresh parsley to the dish for some color...made for chef #28087 for his tag in the My 3 Chef's tag game...:)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zest of (about 2 tsp)
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine or 1 lb dried spaghettini
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large covered pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet or saucepan on low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the cream and heat gently. Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Turn off the heat.
- When the water boils, cook the pasta until al dente (2 or 3 minutes for fresh pasta, longer for dried). Reserve 1 cup of the hot pasta-cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Place the hot drained pasta in a large serving bowl, add the lemon cream sauce, and toss. If the sauce is too thick, add some or all of the reserved hot pasta water. Toss in the grated Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.