Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This rice is absolutely amazing! If you love lemon and rice then you should not pass this up, this rice has all the creaminess of risotto without all the constant stirring. To insure creaminess use only aborio rice for this. If you are not a garlic lover then leave it out.
- 3784.0 ml water
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 78.07 ml butter, room temperature
- 2.46 ml dried basil (can use more or use about 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml grated lemon zest (you can add in a bit more if desired)
- salt and black pepper
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat about 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large heavy pot.
- Add in the onion and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in 4 quarts water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add in the rice; boil until the rice is JUST tender (about 15-16 minutes; drain and RESERVE 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a medium bowl mix together the chopped parsley, softened butter, basil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the hot rice to the mixture; stir to melt butter.
- Add in reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and grated parmesan cheese; stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.