1/1 Photo of Creamy Lemon Parmesan Rice
This rice is absolutely amazing! If you love lemon and rice then you should not pass this up, this rice has all the creaminess of risotto without all the constant stirring. To insure creaminess use only aborio rice for this. If you are not a garlic lover then leave it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3784.0 ml water
- 473.18 ml arborio rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 78.07 ml butter, room temperature
- 2.46 ml dried basil (can use more or use about 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml grated lemon zest (you can add in a bit more if desired)
- salt and black pepper
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat about 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large heavy pot.
- 2Add in the onion and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add in 4 quarts water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Add in the rice; boil until the rice is JUST tender (about 15-16 minutes; drain and RESERVE 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 5In a medium bowl mix together the chopped parsley, softened butter, basil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- 6Add the hot rice to the mixture; stir to melt butter.
- 7Add in reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and grated parmesan cheese; stir well to combine.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Parmesan Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 515.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g