Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Notice that crunchy, granola crust on the bottom? See that soft, crumbly, granola topping clinging on to the lemony cream center? I'm telling you right now, double up, because these creamy lemon oat bars won't last long.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375ºF degrees. Coat 8x8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix milk, lemon zest and lemon juice in medium bowl until thickened; set aside. Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan; bake about 10 minutes or until set.
- Spread lemon milk mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture over the lemon milk mixture, press down gently. Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set but soft. Cool completely. Cut 4 rows by 4 rows.
Wow this was such a hit at the office! One comment was that they liked the light but not over powering lemon flavor, another was that was quick, easy and would be perfect for pot-lucks, but most just said yum. Can I give ten stars? as this recipe is a ten star keeper. Thanks for the post.
Easy and yummy, what more could you ask for? I love lemon and it came through very well without being overpowering. Made for Culinary Quest 2015.
These were super easy to make. I doubled the recipe and added extra lemon juice. I let them cool before slicing. Made for PRMR.