Recipe by shawnajean
I found this recipe in Kraft's food and family mag. I thought it sounded good.
Top Review by the_cookie_lady
This is fantastic! The cream cheese adds a delightful richness without adding much more sweetness. I like my lemon bars a little more tart so I will probably make this with a little more lemon zest next time to punch it up a bit. I thought the 2 teaspoons of vanilla was going to be way too much but it turned out great. I've already made this twice in one week because so many people liked it the first time that they requested it again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 13X9 inch baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups of the flour and pecans. Press dough firmly on bottom of preparded pan. Bake 15 minute.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until well blended. Add remaining 1/4 cup flour and eggs; beat until blended.
- Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour over baked crust in pan. Bake 30 minute or until set. Remove from oven; cool completely. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp powdered sugar; cut into 32 bars.