Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This so creamy and is really tart. If you are a lemon lover like me you will love it! I remember my Mother making this when I was a small child.
- 1 baked pie shells or 1 graham cracker crust
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, beat egg yolks until lemony; stir in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- Pour into crust.
- In small bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy,gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie,sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Very good taste. After I chilled it the pie got a little watery not sure why that was. The filling was very tart and lemony.
This was great. I fixed this pie around 2pm yesterday and at 830pm it was gone. Thank you!
Very, good, tart and creamy too. Not sure why, it wasn't as pretty as your typical lemon meringe pie. All in all, it was everything Joan said; tart, creamy and very tasty. I used a flour crust, maybe the cracker crust would be better. At any rate, DH and I overdosed. What's new? Thanks for sharing. Maryanne in AZ