Recipe by joan in CNY
This so creamy and is really tart. If you are a lemon lover like me you will love it! I remember my Mother making this when I was a small child.
- 1 baked pie shells or 1 graham cracker crust
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, beat egg yolks until lemony; stir in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and rind.
- Pour into crust.
- In small bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy,gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie,sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.