- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup real lemon reconstituted lemon juice
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in sweetened condenesed milk, real lemon, and rind.
- Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool, chill before serving.