Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Husband's Favorite!
Make and share this Creamy Lemon Meringue Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in sweetened condenesed milk, real lemon, and rind.
- Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar until stiff but not dry.
- Spread meringue on top of pie sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool, chill before serving.
I have been craving a lemon meringue pie for a while. This hit the spot! I followed a reviewers advice and baked the filling first before adding the meringue. Thick and rich! Thank you!
This is a great recipe. I prefere it to the 'real thing'. The first time I made this, the filling was waaay too runny. The second time I made it, I used freshly squeezed lemon juice and it came up a real treat. I have since made it a few times, and it is one of my favorite desserts. It works really well with a biscuit crust.
The pie was deffinately creamy, the the taste of lemon went very well with the condensed milk. My only problem was that the actual lemon part below the merengue turned out more like a thickened pudding (a little runny). Next time I'll try cooking/cooling the inside then adding the merengue and browning it for a shorter period at a higher temperature?