Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a nice springtime frosting for a small cake or a dozen cupcakes. It has a pale yellow color and a nice lemon flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and blend on low speed until sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute longer, adding up to 1/2 cup more sugar, a tablespoon at a time, if needed to make the right spreading consistency.