1/3 Photos of Creamy Lemon Fettuccine
Deliciously refreshing with a decadent edge! The combination of lemon and pasta is definitely under-rated. Courtesy of foodblog "Cream Puffs in Venice". The photo I posted is made with fresh home-made pasta, which made it even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the cream in a small pot until it's just about to come to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest. Set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the cream through a sieve to remove the lemon zest.
- 2Put a large pot of water to boil; once it comes to a boil add the fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
- 3As the fettuccine cook, melt the butter in a large pan (large enough to accommodate the fettuccine). Add the lemon cream and bring to a boil; add a bit of salt and pepper (taste to make sure that it's to your liking; add more salt if necessary). Lower the heat and let the cream simmer; it will reduce slightly and thicken.
- 4As soon as the fettuccine are cooked add them to the cream mixture. Immediately add the Parmigiano Reggiano and toss gently until all the fettuccine are covered in the sauce. As you toss the pasta, the melting Parmigiano and the starch from the pasta will combine to thicken the sauce further.
- 5Serve the pasta immediately with additional Parmigiano.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g